BASKETBALL TEAM CLASHES WITH ELI QUINTET TONIGHT

Yale Loses by Narrower Count but Game should be Close--New Haven Floor May Prove Jinx

In hopes of wresting a supremacy of two years standing from the Eli basketball team, the University quintet will board the train for New Haven at 10 o'clock this morning, prepared to face its opponents tonight with its strongest front. The two Freshman teams will play at 7.15 o'clock as a preliminary, and the final contest between the University teams will probably start about an hour later.

Yale will enter the game a favorite, largely on its showing in the Eastern Interscholastic League this winter. The only late-season comparison of the relative strength of the Crimson and Blue quintets is found in their showings against the Red and Blue. The Penn Palestra was the scene of a 35 to 19 defeat for the Crimson, while Yale lost its game to Pennsylvania in the last half by the narrower count of 39 to 30.

The latter game was, however, on the Bulldog's home floor, an advantage which has proven again and again in the last decade to be the crucial factor, and has served as Harvard's special nemesis. Yale's home court is comparatively large for the East, and it often takes a visiting team several minutes to become accustomed to it. The Blue's defeat earlier this week was Yale's first setback of the season on its own floor.

Harvard, on the contrary, has shown a steady improvement in the past, fortnight. Since its defeat at the hands of Penn nearly three weeks ago and since the return of P. W. Mahady '31, the Crimson quintet has not lost a single contest, and has triumphed over Union, Dartmouth, and Brown in succession. Coach Wachter has called the 1930 group the best-balanced Crimson team he has ever coached.