ELLIS NAMED TO LEAD NEXT YEAR'S HOCKEY SEXTET

Both Goalies and Entire Defensive Department Returns Together With Five From Forward Line

Harwood Ellis '31 of Brookline, goalie of this year's hockey team, was elected captain of next year's sextet yesterday afternoon when the stickmen gathered together for the last time this season. The election was originally to have been held last week when the team had its picture taken at Notman's but was postponed until yesterday in order to allow all players to participate.

The election of Ellis comes as a distinct appreciation to him for the playing that he did during the Yale series. Starting out the season as an unknown quantity he worked himself along to become the star of the three games with the Blue and to aid tremendously in the lie between Harvard and Yale. It was his work that prevented the Elis from trying the first game in New Haven and his saves in the overtime periods of the third game that shut out Yale when the Blue threatened most.

At this early writing the prospects for next season look about as good as they have for quite a while, with eleven lettermen in all coming back. The entire defense from this year's sextet will return for duty next season. Besides Ellis, Draper, his understudy, will be available for goalie, and every one of the four defense men who played in the current Yale series. Batchelder, Cunningham Crosby, and Harding will report to Coach Stubbs when he issues his call at the start of the 1931 campaign.

In the forward line five lettermen return three of whom saw continual service throughout the season. Wood, Garrison, and Stubbs of the first two lines will be back to form an offensive nucleus, while both Everett and Martin from the third line return. Everett scored the first Harvard goal in the New Haven came and Martin earned his letter when he took the place of Stubbs in the third encounter.