ARCHITECT'S PLANS NOW COMPLETE FOR NEW FACULTY CLUB

Old Colonial Club is Completely Razed to Make Way for Construction--To Face Harvard Union

Architect's plans for the new Faculty Club to be built on the site of the old Colonial Club, between Quincy and Prescott Streets have been completed by the Boston firm of Coolidge, Shepley, Bulfinch, and Abbott, designers of the House units now under construction, it was announced yesterday. Georgian lines have been incorporated into this latest addition to Harvard's buildings in order to harmonize with the other buildings in the vicinity.

The new structure, unlike the old club, will face the Union, and will be reached by the Hallowell Gate. On the Quincy Street side there will be no entrance, the building being set far back from the street, while the eastern end will extend nearly to Prescott Street.

Will Face Union

Viewed from the Union, the front of the new club is recessed in the center, with a stonework balustrade joining the east and west wings of the building. The doorway will be in the center, a typical Georgian design; bay windows in the ends of the buildings will contain the familiar colonial type window frames such as are being used in the dining room of Lowell House.

In the new building there will be an office, coat rooms, telephone room, and large hall on the first floor. At the west end of this floor there will be a lounge, and at the east end a main as well as a ladies' dining room will be located. The second floor will contain five private dining rooms, a large library and a ladies' sitting room. On the third floor nine bedrooms for resident members and guests of the club are planned.

Workmen have been busy for several weeks tearing down the old building, with the result that the old building, with the result that the site is now ready for the construction of the new one. It is expected that the building will be finished by January 1931.