SECOND NOBLE LECTURE WILL BE GIVEN TONIGHT

"Religion and Psychology" is Subject of Speaker in Phillips Brooks House at 8 O'Clock

This evening in Phillips Brooks House at 8 o'clock the second of the William Belden Noble Lectures will be given by the Reverend William Booth-by Selbie, Principal of Mansfield College, Oxford University, who will speak on the subject "Religion and Psychology".

The Noble lectures were founded in 1897 by Mrs. Noble in memory of her husband, who was an Episcopal clergyman, Her purpose in establishing the fund for these lectures was to continue the mission of her husband as a minister, and to arouse the interest of Harvard students in the Christian ministry.

Selbie is the principal of Mansfield College, which is one of the two or three non-conformist theological schools in Oxford. He is one of the leaders of the English Congregational Church and is generally recognized as one of the most religiously influential men in Oxford. His connection with the city and the university has been a close one. Several times he has visited the United States, but he has not been here recently.

For the last ten years the Noble lecture has been used as an occasion to invite visiting scholars and churchmen from England to Harvard in the hope that by their speaking here they might tend to establish closer relations between English and American churches and universities.