FORTY TRACKMEN LEAVE TODAY FOR DARTMOUTH

STEVENS WILL FURNISH MASON STRONG OPPOSITION

Forty members of the Harvard track squad leave this afternoon at 4.40 o'clock for Hanover where they will meet the Indians tomorrow in the only dual meet to be held at Dartmouth this spring. Past records give each team an equal chance, while Coach E. A. Farrell of Harvard shows his usual optimism.

Stevens, the Green stellar dash man, is expected to give Captain Mason some opposition. At the Penn relays, Stevens came in fifth in the hundred which Simpson of Ohio State won in 9 3-5 seconds.

In the hammer throw, Vonckx will oppose Captain Crosier of the Dartmouth squad. If the Crimson weight man can turn in a performance similar to his hurl of 157 feet, 10 1-2 inches, which gained him second place at the Penn Carnival, he should have no trouble in vanquishing the Green leader.

In the pole vault, Sutermeister will have as his chief opponent Noyes. The results of the event are uncertain. The Crimson jumper has shown ability in past performances, but since the H-D-C indoor meet last winter, he has experienced a decided slump. In the broad jump, Donner of Dartmouth, and Rowe will be the contestants.

It has not been decided what events Cobb and Hallowell will enter. In the University Handicap Meet last Friday, these versatile runners raced in each other's customary events and did not seem to suffer by the change. In last week's races the former took the mile without much trouble while the latter captured the half in 1 minute, 56 seconds