1933 BASEBALL TEAM TO FACE DARTMOUTH TODAY

BOYER SLATED TO TAKE MOUND AT 3 O'CLOCK

This afternoon at 3 'o'clock on Soldiers Field the Freshman baseball team will meet the Dartmouth freshman nine, with the visitors favored to win the contest. Out of seven starts, the first year men have won only two games, while the two victories were uncoutested affairs.

After their win over the weak St. Mark's aggregation at the opening of the season, the 1933 nine dropped four contests in a row, all the games showing up the lack of baseball skill that is contained in the present Freshman class. Last Saturday the Freshmen were scheduled to meet the Samuel Johnson Academy forces, a team that had been beaten only a few times and a well running machine that was doped utterly to blank the Freshman team. Playing the best brand of baseball that they have exhibited to date the first year nine came off with an 11 to 0 shutout.

Resume Losing Streak

Wednesday the Freshmen resumed their losing streak and needlessly dropped a 6 to 4 contest to the Worcester Academy nine, a team which scored its runs largely on Crimson errors.

Coach Claude Davidson will start Philip Boyer Jr. '33 in the pitching berth for the Freshmen. Boyer has pitched consistently well during the season up to date, but has lost games due to poor support.

The Harvard lineup; 2b., Adler; c.f., Kiernan; 3b., Putnam; r.f., Adams; c., Valenski; s.s., Leonard; l.f., Campana; 1b., Lawlor; and p., Boyer.