Sunny Side Up

THE PRESS

Cached bottles of nocturnal sunshine bearing flashy labels and burnt corks were unearthed recently at the sumptuous clubhouse of many national fraternities in New York Consternation reigned when snooping agents who had walked in a side entrance tried to act collegiate, and quietly patted hip pockets of the Greeks as they dined.

Difficulty was met in finding prohis who looked collegiate enough to pass the doorman. Sixteen national fraternities whose headquarters were in the clubhouse are privately expressing and publicly suppressing.

Academic freedom again on the block Harvard sent President Lowell on one side of the Sacco Vanzetti case, which rocked five continents, and Professor Felix Frankfurter to testify on the other. Totally disagreed, the two did not attempt to harass each other's professional status.

Sex-questioner Max Meyer. Missouri's psychologist, will be tried by the school from which he was banished for a year because of his sex questionnaire Reason for the trial: He read before a psychology society a paper complaining of the Missouri attitude. Missouri is not like Harvard, an institution where scholars may go and work with the assurance of freedom in teaching and research and the security of tenure granted in the ranking universities of the country.

Schoolboy hate teacher attitude is shown on the U. of Pennsylvania campus. Antithesis of the popularity contest, the senior Penns at the Quaker City voted to pick the two most unpopular professors. Notoriety Incongruity.

Selected by ballots in the student paper, the due, in effigy, were hanged on the campus, mocked at a stag smoker, and later burned at the stake Disrespect Vindictiveness.

"This custom is being revived to restore interest and make Ivy week the biggest event of a senior's life at Pennsylvanta," says the newspaper. How strange a way to promote campus interest. College seniors as Oliver Twists, Professors with thin skins shun Penn. --Oregon Daily Emerald.