LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP

In apologizing for what may at best be euphemistically called their latest indiscretion, the editors of the Lampoon have adopted the only possible course of action. In accepting the apology and allowing the matter to drop, Mr. Curley exhibits a wise forbearance. It is to be hoped that the incident is closed and will soon be forgotten.

Once again, however, it becomes necessary to point out to the Lampoon that its actions outside of Harvard are often taken to represent the opinion of a much larger body than is actually the case. Undergraduates as a rule can appreciate the fact that the Mt. Auburn St. Jesters are quite harmless and at least making an attempt to be funny even if they do not always succeed, but unfortunately such a sympathetic attitude is by no means shared by the public in general. The result is that Harvard receives too many black eyes which are, in fact, quite unmerited.

Mr. Curley is unquestionably serving Boston well, both in the matter of the Tercentenary celebration and in the discharge of his other mayoral duties. The Lampoon's references to him have been thoughtlessly insulting, and as such can find but little favor with Harvard men in general.