HARD INITIAL WEEK ENDS WITH SCRIMMAGE TODAY

MYERSON NEW TACKLE PROSPECT ON TEAM A

The most strenuous first week that a Harvard football team has had in many years will come to a close today when the University forces and the seconds mix in a scrimmage inside the enclosed first team field. The 40 odd members of the first squad, after some none too light preliminary sessions, scrimmaged among themselves on Thursday and, after a light day yesterday, will have to get into real action again today.

Yesterday's two workouts consisted of nothing more than the usual work on fundamentals and passing, tackling, and signal drills. The casualty list was not depleted but much greater, in fact. Because there was only light work eight members of the squad were excused besides the two more seriously injured men, Talbot and Gildea. Crickard, Moushegian, Batchelder, Graves, Faxon, Finlayson, Hallowell, and Baldwin were all missing from practice because of some minor ailments, probably received in Thursday morning's brisk scrimmage.

The tackle shifting continued yesterday when Myerson appeared at left tackle and Richards switched over to left guard in the place that had been Talbot's. Kales, elevated to Team A the previous day, moved from left to right tackle. The remainder of Team A lined up the same with Trainer at the other guard, Ticknor at center, Harding and Ogden on the wings, and the Junior backfield behind the line.

An improvised Team B backfield made up of Huguley, quarter, Record and Forbes halves, and Schereschewsky full, ran signals behind a line that had Hageman and Lovett at the ends, Kuehn and Upton at the tackles, Esterly and Bancroft at the guards, and Cunningham at center.

Hageman is the most recent addition to to end squad which now numbers five. He was guard on the Freshman team last year and started out with the guards this year but now is under Coach Bradford's care.