J. H. LEWIN TO SPEAK IN LANGDELL HALL TODAY

"Seven Years' Service for Leah" is Topic of Speech

Under the auspices of the Law School Committee of the Phillips Brooks House Association, the first of the annual series of lectures on legal topics will be given in the courtroom of Landgell Hall this evening at 8 o'clock. The lecturer will be J. H. Lewin, LL.B. at Harvard University in 1923, and the people's counsel for the Maryland Public Service Commission, who has chosen as his subject, "Seven Year's Service for Leah".

For the past few years the Law School Committee has invited lecturers to come to Harvard for the purpose of giving talks on the subject of law administration in its varied aspects, putting before the law school student the contrasting forms of a legal occupation. Last year three lectures were given with this idea in mind. J. H. Amberg, of Grand Rapids, spoke on "Legal Practice in a Small Town"; Emory Buckner, United States District Attorney for Southern New York in 1925-27, took the topic, "Work in a District Attorney's Office"; while E. L. Katzenbach, Attorney General of New Jersey from 1924 to 1929, spoke on his experiences during his term of office.

Three more lectures have been planned for the coming year by the committee. Of these the first will be given on Monday, February 9, by H. B. Frendley, who will speak on "The Work of a Young Lawyer". Following this, lectures are to be given on dates in March and April, as yet undecided, by J. G. Buchanan, of Pittsburgh, and by Charles Evans Hughes, Jr., former Solicitor General of the United States.