PORTER WILL SPEAK IN LOWELL HOUSE TONIGHT

"Russia Reshaping the World" Will Be Subject--Is Secretary of League for Industrial Democracy

Paul Porter, Field Secretary of the League for Industrial Democracy, will speak at 7.30 o'clock tonight in the Lowell House Common Room under the auspices of the Harvard Liberal Club. He will take as his subject, "Russia Reshaping the World."

Porter returned earlier this month from an extended trip through China, Japan, Korea, Manchuria, and Russia to observe conditions in the Far East and the Soviet Union. Since he also visited these countries three years ago he is qualified to discuss recent developments. It is planned to have an informal discussion of the Manchuria question following the lecture.

As a correspondent of the Nation and New Reader, Porter has taken an active interest in the recent American textile strikes, as well as in the question of civil liberties in this country.

Porter will be entertained at dinner in Lowell House at 6.30 o'clock; students from other Houses will be allowed to eat in Lowell House at that time without special arrangements.