MITRANY TO GIVE LECTURES AT YALE

Mitrany to Discuss Responsibility of Citizen, in Second Semester--Was Manchester Guardian Editor

Dr. David Mitrany, visiting Lecturer on Government and for many years foreign editor of the Manchester Guardian, has been chosen to deliver the William E. Dodge lectures on "the responsibilities of citizenship" at Yale next spring. Founded some twenty years ago by William E. Dodge, these lectures have been delivered every year by eminent authorities in the field of government and law. The terms of the general subject will be interpreted broadly this year so as to allow Dr. Mitrany to cover the field of international relations and citizenship in its most inclusive meaning.

Rumanian by Birth

Dr. Mitrany, a Rumanian by birth, has spent most of his life in England, where he has been associated with the London School of Economics. His reputation was gained in large measure by his work on the Manchester Guardian. Several works on international relations and on Rumania, have come from his pen.

Among the men who have delivered the Dodge lectures in the past have been William Howard Taft, Charles Evans Hughes, Viscount James Byrce, Elihu Root, and Samuel Walker McCall. They were given last year by Felix Frankfurter, Byrne Professor of Administrative Law at the Harvard Law School.