WELCOME TO OUR TEPEE

Down from the north comes Dartmouth, and out of the west comes Stanford to try the strength of one another, while for the second time this week Harvard stands by in the glad role of host.

Whereas the accumulative glamour of past meetings cannot be said to drape today's contest in the robe of tradition, there yet exists that keen rivalry and high interest which is always present when teams of manifest training and ability take to the field. Questions of expediency to one side, there is an undeniable zest to intersectional hostilities which can only be accounted for by the novelty of the contrast presented by strange names and different methods meeting and clashing with those more familiar.

When the whistle blows today local sympathy will be somewhat unbalanced, but the team that has crossed a continent will know that its support, though absent, is just as strong. And although decorum insists that hosts be impartial, it is only natural that Harvard should not be indifferent to the fortunes of the Green.