HARVARD CLUB MEET TO OPEN RACQUET SEASON

University Squad Sends Three Teams Against Boston Club-Freshmen to Oppose Graduate Schools

The University and Freshman squash teams open their season Saturday by playing in the opening matches of the Massachusetts Squash Racquets League. The University squad, which this year, for the first time includes two Class A teams, has been practising at the Linden Street courts for several weeks and should be up to form by Saturday. Veterans from last year include Captain A. W. Patterson '32, Beekman Pool '32, state and intercollegiate champion, J. M. Barnaby '32, D. M. Frame '32, and H. W. Cole '32. One of the University A teams, the Reds, is scheduled to play the Harvard Club Class A Reds, and the C team meets the Harvard Club C team at the University courts, while the B team plays the Harvard Club B team at the Harvard Club in Boston.

The Freshman squad will send a C team and a D team into action Saturday. The C team meets the Harvard Business School Faculty C team at the University courts, while the D team plays a Class D team from the Harvard Medical School. The strength of the Freshman teams is as yet untested, but they should live up to the records of the Freshman teams of the last few years. The men who are to play in Saturday's matches will be picked later in the week by Coach Harry Cowles from among those who did well in the University an Freshman tournaments, which are nearly completed.