POLO TEAM TAKES EASY CONTEST FROM NORWICH

DILLINGHAM SCORES TEN GOALS DURING GAME

Completely outplaying their weaker opponents, the University malletmen routed Norwich yesterday in a practice game at, the Commonwealth Armory, 22 to 5 1-2. The Norwich players were practically out of the picture as the Crimson trio scored almost at will, the visitors getting five of their five and a half points by virtue of a handicap.

Norwich was altogether on the defensive against the Crimson trio, scoring their only goal in the last chukker when one of the ponies kicked the ball between the Crimson goal posts in a scrimmage. This goal had been partially offset earlier in the last chukker when a foul took off half point from the visitors' score.

The Harvard team work was excellent in every way and the Crimson malletmen found little opposition to their well-directed shots. L. S. Dillingham '34, last year's Freshman captain, repeated his stellar performance of Saturday against the Cavalry, being again the Teading scorer of the fray with 10 goals to his credit. Captain F. S. Nicholas '33 played a good defensive game at back and scored for times. W. F. Luton '33 was replaced by W. C. McGuckin '34, another member of last year's Freshman team, in the third chukker, and he in turn gave way to Crispin Cook '32 in the final chukker.

The next game scheduled for the trio is on January 9, with the Lancers.

The summary: HARVARD  NORWICH Luton, McGuckin, Cooke, No. 1  No. 1, Bates Dillingham, No. 2  No. 2, Burchstead Nicholas, back  back, Riley

Score--Harvard 22, Norwich 5 1-2, Goals--Dillingham 10, Nicholas 4, Luton 3, McGuckin 2, Cooke. Time--four 7 1-2 minute chukkers. Referee--Walsh.