INDOOR POLO SEASON TO GET UNDER WAY TODAY

UNIVERSITY TEAM TO OPEN SEASON ON DECEMBER 12

The indoor polo season will get under way this afternoon at 2 o'clock when the University and Freshman players meet at the Commonwealth Armory, Boston.

Preparation for intercollegiate and Boston indoor league matches will begin after short talks on indoor polo by Captain F. D. Sharp, coach of the University and Freshman squads, and F. S. Nicholas '33, captain of the University trio. A short practice season of sticks and ball work will follow.

The indoor game calls for three players as compared with the four men in outdoor polo, and it is probable that most of these positions will be filled by the veteran men, Captain Nicholas, Crispin Cooke '32, W. F. Luton '33, and others. Members of last spring's Freshman team who are expected to report are W. C. McGuckin '34 and L. S. Dillingham '34. The squad will benefit by the loan of three ponies for use this winter from the stables of Mrs. C. C. Rumsey of New York City.

The University team, as a member of the A division of the Boston Indoor Polo League will play the 110th Cavalry at the Armory on December 12. On the same day as members of the B division the first year men will ride against Battery A second team. The Freshmen play the Battery A first team on December 19. On open Saturdays from January 2 until the end of March at least one league match will be held in the Armory. On February 6 the University men play Princeton at Princeton.