Speaking the Guns

THE MAIL

(Ed. Note--The Crimson does not necessarily endorse opinions expressed in printed communications. No attention will be paid to anonymous litters and only under special conditions, at the request of the writer will names be withheld.)

To the Editor of the Harvard CRIMSON:

The following telegram was received December 16, 1931 by the Naval Academy Graduates' Association of Boston, "Have wired Superintendent of the Naval Academy that the Graduates' Association of New York had nothing to do with the proselyting plan in connection with Naval Academy football players reported in this morning's papers as tacitly sanctioned by the Naval academy Graduates' Association. I suggest that you take similar action. Signed H. G. Smith, President."

At a regular luncheon meeting of the Naval Academy Graduates' Association of Boston on December 18, 1931, the following resolution was passed unanimously, "In view of the report recently published in the press it is resolved that the Naval Academy Graduates' Association of Boston condemns any movement toward the practice of soliciting candidates for the Naval Academy on the basis of athletic ability." Very truly yours,   Earl M. Major,   Secretary.   by direction