PIERIAN SODALITY TO PRESENT FOUR CONCERTS

Will Visit Saint Paul's School to Play Together With Glee Club--Appear in Two Public Performances

During the remainder of the current season, the Pierian Sodality Orchestra of 1808, under the direction of G. W. Woodworth '24, will present four concerts, it was announced recently by R. U. Jameson '32, manager of the organization.

On February 28, the Orchestra, in its only long trip of the season, will journey to Saint Paul's School, at Concord, New Hampshire, to give a joint concert with the Saint Paul's Glee Club.

The Sodality will make two public appearances, this season giving concerts at Paine Hall, the first on Thursday, March 5 and the second on Thursday, April 9.

The first of these two concerts, presented by the string section only, will be featured by a solo on the harpsichord, an instrument rarely heard now, by R. L. Kirkpatrick '31, who will play the Bach Concerto in G. minor. M. H. Holmes 3G, violin soloist, will offer the Bach Concerto in E major.

An unusual attraction will feature the concert of April 9. Professor Edward Ballantine will play Beethoven's Concerto No. 4 in G major for pianoforte. Other numbers on this program will include two selections by Mozart, the Overture to "The Marriage of Figaro" and the Serenade No. 7 in D major, and Schubert's Overture to "Rosamunde". This concert will mark the final appearance of the organization for the current college year.

Between these two public presentations at Paine Hall, the Orchestra will give a concert at the Harvard Club of Boston on March 15.