WRESTLING TEAMS WILL OPPOSE TECH TONIGHT

TEAM PICKED BY ELIMINATION TOURNAMENTS

Both the University and Freshman wrestling teams will pit their strength tonight against those of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The meet will start with the first-year men bouts at 7 o'clock in the Tech Gymnasium, and the University team will wrestle at the conclusion of the Freshman meet.

On January 8, last year the Harvard wrestlers, Freshman and University, met M. I. T. here, for the first meet of the season. The Freshmen scored an overwhelming victory, but the University grapplers went down to their only defeat of the year using a Western brand of wrestling, faster and more aggressive than that usually prevailing in the East.

This year both Crimson teams have hopes for success. Technology has had a fairly successful season, having been defeated badly only by Yale, and gaining several victories. The University delegation has had one defeat, a victory, and a draw, while the first-year men have had two victories and a defeat from Taft ten days ago. In the meet with Taft the team was weakened by illness and injuries, but intensive training since the mid-year period has brought it up to its former strength. Coach Gallagher has picked his team from winners of elimination tournaments thus insuring close competition for places on the team in every weight. HARVARD  M. I. T. Evans  118-pound  Ripin Klein  126-pound  Van Buren Crandon  135-pound  Shea Dorman or Johnson  145-pound  Pittblattes Goddard  155-pound  Vassalotti Robertson  165-pound  Snape Levin  175-pound  Klein Straus  unlimited  Penny