DELEGATES ATTENDING Y. M. C. A. CONFERENCE WHICH OPENS TODAY

MEETING SCHEDULED TO LAST OVER WEEK-END

The sixth annual mid-winter conference of the New England Y. M. C. A., in which Harvard will be represented by five delegates, will be held at Poland Springs, Maine, today, tomorrow, and Sunday, it was announced yesterday by J. H. Lane '28, Graduate Secretary of Phillips Brooks House.

The Harvard representatives who will attend the meeting are E. S. Amazeen '31, J. J. De Stoop 1G, J. W. Fleming 1G, and W. I. Tucker '33. They will be accompanied by Lane and T. L. Harris, the University Adviser in Religion.

The subject of the conference, "Political Corruption," which was chosen by the association committee after a discussion of college needs, has been narrowed to the theme of "special Privileges versus General Welfare" in the relation of business and government. This topic, in turn, will be studied only from the point of view of public utilities and municipal politics. Among the speakers will be the Honorable W. S. Youngman '95, Lieutenant-Governor of Massachusetts, D. E. Hall, the special Attorney General for the Garrett investigation, and Dr. H. W. Laidler, Executive Secretary of the League for Industrial Democracy.

The conference will open with a supper at the Poland Springs Hotel this evening and will close after dinner at noon Sunday. Special buses for the delegates will leave from the North Station today, but students interested in attending the conference are advised to see Mr. Lane at Phillips Brooks House, as transportation can be furnished them.