Youth Will Be Served

THE PRESS

The impending fourth annual contest between the debating teams of Harvard and Boston College comes closer than ever to matters of current and practical interest. The resolution set for debate is "That the United States should enter the World Court under the terms of the Root protocol." Since this question has already been submitted by President Hoover to the United States Senate, where it will surely receive before long the most active discussion, readers can judge for themselves the realism of the undergraduates' battle. The war of arguments at Jordan Hall next Wednesday night, March 4, will be at least in the nature of a skirmish preceding the final engagement in the halls of the Capitol, and to some extent foreshadowing the major lines of the conflict.

Say what you will of the irresponsibility of some college students, and of their lack of serious interests, there are scarcely any among them who do not gladly give full attention the moment they find some real question of the times being ably discussed in their presence. They listen intently, and they usually have something of their own to say. The students chosen for membership in the intercollegiate debating teams have of course, some of the keenest minds in the lot, and when they come to debate an active and important issue of the hour, as Boston College and Harvard will next Wednesday, we look to see good intellectual fireworks. --Boston Transcript.