HARVARD FENCERS TAKE THREE A.F.L.A. AWARDS

SEVEN CRIMSON MEN WILL ENTER FOILS, EPEE TONIGHT

Three Harvard entrants for the foils competitions in the annual Amateur Fencers League of America prize tournament, which is being held this week, carried off the first, second, and third prizes last night in the gymnasium of the Boston Athletic Association, at Exeter Street, Boston.

The competition consisted of a quarter-finals, a semi-finals, and a finals match and included matches between Harvard, Boston University, Boston Athletic Association, Dartmouth, M. I. T., and Y. M. C. A. representatives. The Harvard entrants were as follows: J. D. Allen, Jr. '31, H. C. Cassidy '31, captain of the University team, J. G. Hurd '34, J. J. Mackin '32, Gilbert Kerlin '33, and H. B. Wesselman '31.

Crimson Swordsmen Win

In the opening round all the Harvard swordsmen but the Freshman entrant won places in the semi-finals, and in the succeeding round Mackin failed to qualify, while the remaining four were pitted against one another in the finals. In the final round, Allen, Cassidy, and Wesselman, scored an equal number of victories, but although such figures would indicate a tie, the judges awarded the first prize to the last named, who had totaled the largest number of touches. Cassidy won the second prize, while the third fell to Allen. The awards consisted of a gold, a bronze, and a silver medal respectively.

Tonight at 8 o'clock in the same place the epee and saber competitions will take place. In these two contests the remaining members of the Harvard team will compete, as follows: epee--Gilbert Kerlin '33, J. J. Mackin '32, K. R. Ludlam '33, and T. I. Moran '32: saber--R. B. Lawson '32, K. R. Ludlam '33, and H. B. Walker '33.