THREE FENCING TEAMS GO TO NEW HAVEN TODAY

HARVARD IS FAVORITE IN THE UNIVERSITY MEET

Meeting their last opponents for this year, three Harvard fencing teams will invade New Haven today, when the University and Freshman swordsmen clash with Yale, and the University second fencers enter the Connecticut division of the Junior Championships of the Amateur Feneers League of America. The University meet will be at 7.30 tonight, while the first year men will cross swords at 3.30 this afternoon.

With only one defeat to its credit in the entire season, the Harvard fencing team will oppose Yale with a strong line-up. Every indication points to a Harvard victory, but at best it will be a close meet.

Both Yale and Harvard have been victorious over New York University and by the same score of 9 to 8. This would place the two teams on a par, but Yale was beaten by the Boston Athletic Association fencers 10 to 8. With its full strength divided between two teams, the Harvard team A won the three weapon championship of New England by beating the B. A. A.

The Harvard first year men will face an undefeated Yale freshman fencing team. The Harvard team has a successful season behind it, having been defeated only by Brunswick High School 13 to 4. However, the Yale, freshmen defeated this team 9 to 8. The Yale swordsmen also won from Choate and Roxbury by a slightly greater margin than did the Harvard fencers.

The three Harvard entries in the A. F. L. A. will be Gilbert Kerlin '33, G. M. Yatsevitch '33, and K. R. Ludlam '33. The competition will be in foils only.

The following men will represent the University: Foils: J. D. Allen '31; H. C. Cassidy '31; H. B. Wesselman '31. Epee: F. C. Flechter '32; T. I. Moran '32. Sabre: R. B. Lawson '32; W. M. Wing '31.

The following men will represent the Freshmen: Foils: J. H. Beard '34; J. G. Hurd '34; J. L. Harris '34; W. M. Kilcullen '34. Epee: C. L. Dyer '34; Hurd; Beard. Sabre: J. L. Dexter '34; Beard; Kilcullen.