THREE JUDGES OF RADIO DEBATE ARE ANNOUNCED

REARDON AND COHEN TO TAKE CRIMSON SIDE

Names of the three judges for the nation-wide radio debate with the University of Chicago being held this afternoon at 4 o'clock under the auspices of the Harvard Debating Council, were announced yesterday by P. C. Reardon '32, president of the Council.

Hans Kaltenborn '09, associate editor of the Brooklyn Eagle and well-known author, will be one of the judges and also chairman of the debate. He will make an opening speech of five minutes and then introduce the speakers. A. E. Bestor, graduate of Chicago and president of the Chataqua Institution, will be the second judge. Dr. Elizabeth McDowell, head of the English Department of the Teachers' College of the City of New York, will be the third. All of the judges will be in New York. The Harvard speakers will gave their arguments over station WNAC in Boston. The members of the Chicago team will talk from a station there.

The question for debate will be, "Resolved: That the Anderson Plan as embodied in the Wickersham Report is a solution of present prohibition problems." The complete program will occupy an hour and will be broadcast by every station in the Columbia network. This will be the first time an intercollegiate debate has ever been broadcast over a nation-wide system.

P. C. Reardon '32 and P. H. Cohen '32 will take the affirmative side for the Debating Council. Chicago will be represented in the negative side of the debate by J. P. Mallaieu and L. H. Greatwood. Each debater will present a constructive argument for nine minutes, and these will be followed by two rebuttal speeches.