BOXING TOURNEY WILL TAKE PLACE TOMORROW

University Championships to be Run off in Indoor Athletic Building--Many Veterans Entered

Featured by the proportionately large number of graduate students entered, the finals of the annual University boxing tournament will be held tomorrow night at 8 o'clock on the top floor of the New Indoor Athletic Building. About 15 men will have an opportunity to show their skill in the manly art before a crowd which is expected to be between 300 and 400.

Bouts in Six Classes

Bonts will be staged in the 125, 135, 145, 160, 175-pound and unlimited classes for the purpose of selecting the University champion in each class. No preliminaries were held this year as has always been the case formerly, because the number of entries is only half that of previous years. The number of entrants from the College dropped heavily probably because boxing has been a minor sport for the first time this year, thus bringing out more clearly the promising boxers in each class.

Outstanding favorite to win his division is D. D. Carrick 31, who will box in the unlimited class. He is a former Canadian Olympic star and won the University championship last year in both the unlimited and the 175-pound classes. Rafael Torres will be defending champion in the 160-pound division and will also box in the 175. In the 135-pound class P. H. Lord '33 will defend his title, and will have opposing him G. H. Nawn '33, last year's runner up.