PENN MILITARY TO PLAY HARVARD TRIO IN POLO TOURNEY

Six-Goal Handicap Gives University Malletmen Chance for Victory--May Meet Yale in Finals

This evening at the Squadron C armory in Brooklyn, New York, the Harvard malletmen will meet the Pennsylvania Military College trio in the semi-finals of the Intercollegiate Indoor Polo championship. The Crimson riders, who will receive six gift tallies to start with, are favored to win.

The same lineup which defeated the West Pointers on Saturday will open the game tonight at the Brooklyn Armory: H. I. Nicholas Jr. '31 at No. 1, Captain E. T. Gerry '31 at No. 2, and F. S. Nicholas '33 at back. Penn Military will start Teitel, Pickering, and Nicholas, respectively at No. 1, No. 2, and at back.

May Meet Yale

If Harvard should defeat its opponent tonight, as seems highly probable, it will meet either Yale or Princeton who are also playing this evening in the other semi-finals bracket. Yale, fresh from a victory over the hitherto undefeated Optimists, would appear the likely choice for the winner of this match, especially as it has already defeated the Tigers by a good margin. At all events, there is a good chance for the finals occuring between Yale and Harvard, in which case the latter with a six goal start will offer stiff opposition to the Bulldogs.

The final play-off is slated for Thursday night, with Yale a heavy favorite to enter one part of the bracket. Harvard is the only remaining low-handicap participant in the tournament, since it put out West Point in the opening game. The other colleges may find the Crimson's six goal lead a little too much to overcome, especially in view of the new life which the Harvard trio seems to have had injected into it.

In the recent Army game both Captain Gerry and Frederick Nicholas made five goals apiece, although the latter is rated at a much lower handicap. However the Yale trio is composed almost entirely of Old Aiken veterans, a far more experienced team than any of its rivals.