LOWELL HOUSE STARTS CREW WORK ON MONDAY

EIGHT WILL ROW DAILY, UNDERGO TRAINING RULES

Over 30 men were present at a meeting to create interest in inter-House rowing in the Lowell House students' common room yesterday afternoon, when Mason Hammond '25, head tutor of Lowell House, and former member of a Harvard and a Balliol College, Oxford, eights, outlined proposals to put a Lowell House boat on the river and race with Dunster House before the spring vacation, provided Dunster House has a crew.

The plan to start inter-House rowing was met with enthusiasm, though doubts are now held as to what effects such crews would have on the class and 150-pound squads. It is probable that class crew men will be allowed to row on the House crews until after the spring holidays. Decision was made to allow tutors, graduate students, and men on probation, anyone so long as he lives in one of the Houses, and are not on the University squad to row if the races are held with in the University club teams. It is proposed, however, to hold races with preparatory school teams later in the season, if dates can be found.

The Lowell House crew will have a shell reserved for its use at the Newell Boat House, where the eight will receive instruction from Coach E. J. Brown '96, present class crew coach. The crew will row every day, and undergo regular training.

Any one in either of the Houses interested in rowing, or willing to try out for the crews, should get in touch with Mason Hammond or A. H. Crimmins '32, who are in charge of the movement. Practice will start at Newell Boat House on Monday afternoon.