SIX MEN RETAINED IN PASTEUR DEBATE CONTEST SEMI-FINAL

Finals of Debate Prize Founded in 1898 Will be Held on April 23

In the semi-final competition for the Pasteur Medal for debating yesterday, six men, R. M. Alt '32, A. A. Baillie '33, R. R. Daly '32, J. F. Farr '33, A. G. Malkan '33, and T. l. Moran '32, were retained for the final competition which will take place on April 23. The judges of yesterday's competition were J. A. Mereier, associate professor of French and Education, F. C. Packard '20, assistant professor of Public Speaking, and A. C. Sprague, assistant professor of English. The judges of the final competition will be W. S. Bowell, instructor in Public Speaking, Professor J. A. Mercier, and Professor A. C. Sprague.

The Pasteur Medal was founded in 1898 by Baron Plerre de Conbertin as a prize to be awarded to the winner of an annual debate, the subject of which is to be drawn each year from contemporary French politics. The administration of the Prize is in the hands of the French Department which may call in members of other departments, as the Department of Public Speaking, to aid it in the administration of the prize. The question which was chosen for this year is Resolved. That the Briand Proposal for a European Union is for the Best interests of international Goodwill.