CURLEY SUGGESTS POSSIBLE SUNDAY GRID ENCOUNTER

Bingham Says He is Ready to Interview McLaughlin Here Any Time--Hotel Men Favor Stanford Game

A conference yesterday between Mayor James M. Curley and E. A. McLaughlin, Jr., president of the Boston College Alumni Association, with regard to the B. C. H. C. football game scheduled for November 28 at Fenway Park, and the Stanford-Dartmouth game, homeless because of the Mayor's refusal to permit the contest to be staged in the Harvard Stadium, left the situation unchanged. McLaughlin last night expressed himself hopeful that events would be arranged to the satisfaction of all, but would make no further statement.

The mayor, in advising Boston newspapermen of the intended conference, called attention to the fact that the law places no ban on Sunday football games after 1.30 o'clock. No indication was made as to which game might be shifted. Heneage, graduate manager of athletics at Dartmouth, now in Boston, was not present at the conference.

McLaughlin Seeks Conference

It was given out in Boston yesterday that McLaughlin had asked for a conference at 3.30 o'clock with W. J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics. At the H. A. A., however, it was stated that no such conference had been held. Bingham declared that at any time Mr. McLaughlin might wish to confer with him he would be available at the H. A. A. Since the original statement by the Director of Athletics noticing the refusal of a permit by the mayor, it has been the policy of the H. A. A. to leave negotiations in the hands of the colleges involved.

The possibility that Boston College might withdraw its objections to the scheduling of a counter-attraction in the Stadium lead Stanford and Dartmouth men of Greater Boston to bring pressure to bear to keep the game here.

A. L. Race, president of the Boston Hotel Mens' association has also urged the mayor to allow the intersectional clash, which means more revenue for the hotels, declaring that neither of the attractions would draw from the other.