NEW INJURIES STILL HINDER WHITESIDE

Heavyweight and 150-Pound Squads Taken for Album--First Race is Due Next Week

Three heavyweight crews, representing the University squad, and two of the three eights which make up the University 150-pound squad, posed yesterday at Newell Boathouse for the picture of the Harvard navy of 1931 which will appear in this year's Class Album. The Freshman navy will be photographed this coming Saturday.

Following the ceremonies, the two squads took to the water, while their respective coaches C. J. Whiteside and Fred Sullivan '27, fell to their daily task of working a first crew into shape for the triple regatta on May 2, which is to take place on the Charles at the invitation of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Johnson Drops Out

Whiteside's problem is somewhat complicated by the epidemic of ill-health which has done much to spoil his plans of the past several weeks. M. M. Johnson, Jr. '31, is the latest recruit to the sick list, and will probably not reappear on the river until the end of the season. His place at number four in Cassedy's boat is being taken by A. N. Webster '31, who has previously been rowing in Lawrence's boat at number six.

In an attempt to solve the puzzle of fitting the veterans of last year's victorious Freshman crew together with the old University oars to produce the best possible combination to meet Technology and Princeton at the end of the coming week, Whiteside is making daily shifts in the seatings, and testing the makeshift eights in short races in the basin.

Time Trial for 150's

Although Sullivan's task is lighter, inasmuch as his first eight is more or less definite, it lacks the smoothness which has been characteristic of his crews in past years, and individual changes have occurred during the past week in the first two boats in an attempt to correct this fault. A time trial over the Henley distance is scheduled for next Saturday in preparation for the coming regatta.