STANFORD GAME IS LEFT UNDECIDED BY AUTHORITIES

Proprietors Protest Action of Mayor Curley -- Boston College Paper is Editorially Silent

A conference yesterday between W. J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics, and E. A. McLaughlin, Jr., president of the Boston College Alumni, left the situation created by the mayor's refusal to issue a permit for the scheduled Stanford-Dartmouth game in the Harvard Stadium on November 28 unchanged.

Following the meeting, held in Bingham's down-town office, McLaughlin commented, "I had a pleasant and most friendly talk with Mr. Bingham," but declined to give further details. There will be nothing further to announce for several days, the B. C. graduate head stated last night.

Captain John McEwen, Holy Cross football coach, visiting Boston yesterday, declared that his visit was for purely personal purposes, but it is held not unlikely that next week may see him conferring with H. R. Heneage, graduate manager of athletics at Dartmouth, who has taken no steps to secure another site.

Graduates Complain

Pressure has been brought to bear by Stanford and Dartmouth graduates of Greater Boston to make possible the first Stanford game in Boston, and hotel men, anxious for the increased trade have joined in the protest at the mayor's action. In view of these facts, the consensus is that the H.C.-B.C. game will be played on November 28 in Fenway Park, with the Big Green and Stanford meeting in the Stadium on the same date. The Boston College "Heights" has refrained from editorial comment.