BAKEMAN NEXT SPEAKER FOR THE SOCIALIST CLUB

Lawrence Strike to be Topic of Noted Labor Agitator Tomorrow Night in Straus Common Room

At the meeting of the Harvard Socialist Club in Straus Hall Common Room at 8 o'clock tomorrow night, the Reverend R.O. Bakeman will speak on "The Lawrence Strike: A Symbol of the Passing of American Civil Liberties."

The Reverend Bakeman has had an extremely varied and interesting career, having been at one time Superintendent of Streets in Schenectady. New York, labor agitator, and mayor of Peabody, Massachusetts. At the present the "minister without a pulpit", as he is known, is regional director for the American Civil Liberties Union, which he represented in the recent textile strike at Lawrence. He has made a through study of the attempts of the working class to express itself, and will discuss the various aspects of the Lawrence strike in relation to his study.

On Friday the International Labor Day celebration and demonstration will be held in Lorimer Hall. Tremont Temple. Boston at 8 o'clock. James Maurer, vice-presidential candidate of the Socialist Party in 1928 will be the principal speaker of the evening. Both the Club meeting and the May Day meeting are open to members of the University.