Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

DRAMATIC CLUB PLANS "ELECTRA" AS FIRST OF MANY CLASSIC DRAMAS

BLANCHE YURKA AND MARTHA GRAHAM IN CAST

In sponsoring the production of Sophocles' "Electra", which is to be given at Jordan Hall, Boston, on Monday, May 18, with Blanche Yurka in the title role and the famous dancer Martha Graham as solo dancer and leader of the chorus, the Dramatic Club, according to an announcement made by its officers yesterday, is embarking upon a new activity which it is hoped will become a regular part of its program.

The club plans to sponsor professional productions in Boston of such classic dramas as would not ordinarily be booked at Boston theaters, if the public response to the "Electra" warrants the adoption of such a policy as a regular feature.

Premiere in Boston

This production of "Electra" will have its premiere in Boston. The cast includes: Vivienne Giesen who replaced Rosamund Pinchot as the Nun In Max Reinhardt's "Miracle"; Dorothy Scott, formerly of Margaret Anglin's company in her production of "Electra"; Robert Henderson, whose successes in New York were followed by a year at the Copley Theater in Boston; and George Coulouris whose work with the Theater Guild has received exceptional praise. Louis Horst, noted pianist and the foremost dance accompanist in America has composed the music for the production, and will accompany Miss Graham in her dance.

After a week's tour of several of the larger cities, the production will go to Ann Arbor as the principal presentation in a five week repertory at the Lydia Mendelssohn Theater of the University of Michigan, while in the fall it will appear on Broadway.