DARTMOUTH TRACK MEET IS ONLY MAJOR TILT HERE

Meet With Big Green is Only Major Track Meet Here This Spring--Pole Vault Event Featured

Followers of the University track team are anxiously waiting for the end of the week, when on Saturday the Harvard runners and field event men will contest for laurels with the men from Dartmouth in the only major track meet that will take place in the Stadium this spring. The Dartmouth team will arrive in Cambridge on Friday evening, and the Harvard forces will refrain from practice on that day, while the Stadium is rolled and groomed for the meet.

Oscar Sutermeister '32, one of Harvard's intercollegiate champions, will be defending his pole vaulting title on Saturday, his record height being 13 feet, 6 inches. This year Sutermeister has come up slowly, failing to place in the triangular meet last February, when Everett Collier of Cornell took first with a vault of 13 feet, 10 1-4 inches; second honors went to Noyes of Dartmouth at 13 feet, the Hanover athlete's place being largely responsible for the Harvard victory in the end when Farrell's forces eked out a 42 1-2 to 41-point victory over Cornell, the Dartmouth total being only 31 1-2 points.

The return to the Dartmouth camp of R. E. Lee, discus and javelin thrower, and of George Stevens, sprinter, both of whom missed the Dartmouth-Brown-Columbia meet has greatly strengthened the Green team's chances for success on Saturday.