CRIMSON BOATS LEAVE FOR CAYUGA REGATTA

CORNELL, VICTOR OVER YALE, IS CONTENDER

With three days of strenuous practice behind them the first two boats of the University navy will embark for Ithaca today, leaving by the 4.30 o'clock train from the South Station. On Saturday they will engage in a quadruple regatta, meeting Cornell, Syracuse, and Technology, the latter for the second race of the season.

After a brief row on Monday, following their return from Philadelphia, the Crimson oarsmen staged two successive races against time, once Tuesday and again yesterday. In the tryouts, which were held for 10 1-2 minute periods in the Basin, the Armstrong-stroked crew showed a decided superiority over that paced by Lawrence, and will again be entered as the Jayvee crew in the coming contest. E. L. Millard, Jr. '31, formerly a member of the Lawrence boat, is substituting for Edward Yeomans, Jr. '33, at number two seat in the second boat.

The two eights, which will not appear on the Charles today, plan to hold two sessions on Lake Cayuga tomorrow, with H. H. Bissell '33 continuing in the stern-sheets of the first boat, where he was boated last Saturday. F. S. Holmes '31 will continue to guide the junior boat. Yeomans, who has been ill during the first part of the week, and R. I. McKesson '31, who rows at bow in the Lawrence eight, are to accompany the squad as substitutes.