HARVARD CREW GUESTS ON MORGAN'S "CORSAIR"

Crimson Eights Enjoy Brief Respite on Yacht--No Times Taken in the Workout Last Saturday

Red Top, Conn., June 7--The Harvard crew enjoyed a brief vacation today when the whole squad were the guests of J. P. Morgan '89 on his yacht "Corsair." This annual treat marked a day of complete freedom for the rowers and was a welcome respite from the workouts the oarsmen have had since they came to Red Top.

Saturday morning, the University and Jayvee boats had a short workout in preparation for the afternoon time trials. Both crews rowed to the submarine base and returned slowly. The Freshman and combination crews also rowed over the same course.

Rowing in the afternoon was delayed until late because of a hard wind. The shell was finally towed down at about 7 o'clock and time trials were held rowing upsircam. No time was given out. The Jayvees, Freshman, and combination crews also went to the two mile mark for time trials but only rowed one mile because of darkness. No times were taken.

With one or two exceptions, the Crimson sweep-swingers have completed their examinations so with the start of the second week of practice tomorrow the men will be able to get down to serious work in their preparation for the Yale races.