SEVEN LITTLE SONGBIRDS

Open-air singing has an intangible charm not always accruing only to the singers themselves; the listeners, too, especially if the Muse be well represented by lier mortal enfulators, are pleasantly aware of an inner harmony with Nature, suggested, no doubt, by the vocal efforts of the performers.

Tonight the Harvard Glee Club will break a tradition. They have been broken before, but this one is but another bleeding scalp hitchd to the trophy belt of an abstraction called House-Plan. In deserting the rather too abrupt staircase of a pillared and posted Widener, for the Georgian aplomb of Lowell House Quadrangle, the Glen Club will be more fittingly clad in the eloistored hue of Harvard's more usual garb. They will, too, bring melody where only the harsh clanging of dissonant bells has been before. More than that, their presence in the House Plan tonight suggests an idea. Community song-fests there have been. Rival House tennis, squash, crew, football and basketball teams there are. Were the two combined many a life would be lightened if one evening a year could be devoted to listening and judging a combat de resistance between the truncated Glee Clubs of the seven Houses. There are always trophies, sufficiently symbolic, to be found.