LEATHERBEE LECTURES DEAL WITH REAL ESTATE

COURSE INTENDED TO AID THOSE HANDLING PROPERTY

Real Estate Fundamentals is the subject of the course to be given at the Graduate School of Business Administration this year under the George H. Leatherbee Lecture Fund, it was announced yesterday at Morgan Hall.

The course, which will be under the direction of Associate Professor F. DeW. Washburn '00 will be open to properly-qualified business men not registered in the School. This opportunity is provided through the terms in the will of the late George H. Leatherbee, which makes one course in the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration available each year without charge to men who satisfy the Faculty that their experience will permit them to profit from the work. Applicants for admission to this course must apply in writing to the Dean of the School.

Classes will meet Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, at 9 o'clock. The first meeting will be Wednesday, September 30, at 9 o'clock in Room 424 of the Baker Library.

The course aims to establish an acquaintanceship with the basic principles which underlie the subject of real estate. It is designed for men who as brokers, agents, or operators expect to control real property, or who, in the capacity of investors, bankers, or trustees, are likely to be called upon to exercise their judgment with respect to investments in land.

The structure and growth of cities, the conversion of outlying acreage into highly improved urban estates, zoning, taxation, appreciation, obsolescence, building construction and design, the computation of schedules of income and expense in improvements, earning power, appraisal, and financing are discussed in an attempt to enable the student intelligently to follow the methods of procedure in the practice of real estate, and to provide a fuller knowledge of the forces which govern real estate values.