AWARDS FOR GRADUATE STUDY ARE ANNOUNCED

300 in Eight Graduate Schools Receive Aid--Total Value of the Grants is $216,145

Three hundred fellowships and graduate scholarships, having a total value of $216,145, were announced at University Hall yesterday as awarded to students in eight graduate schools of Harvard University for the academic year 1931-32. A separate list of scholarships awarded to undergraduates in Harvard College will be announced later.

Twenty-three of the awards are made for travel abroad. Six research fellowships in the Law School; with a total value of $15,750, were announced as follows: the Judah Philip Benjamin Research Fellowship to B. H. Pollitt of Newark, N. J.; the Sidney Thompson Fairchild Fellowship to P. E. Bryan, of Emery University, Georgia; the Brandies Research Fellowship to A. L. Harding, of Dallas, Texas; and three unnamed research fellowships in the school, to P. A. Freund, of St. Louis, Missouri; G. V. Head of Columbia, Missouri; and J. J. Smith, Jr., of Meridian, Mississippi.

182 For Graduate School

Of the total of 300 scholarships and fellowships, 182-go to men in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences; to the Law School, 43; the School of Architecture, 17; the School of Education, 16; the Medical School, 14; the Engineering School, 11; the Graduate School of Business Administration, seven; the Schools of Public Health and Landscape Architecture, five each.