LAST MINUTE BASKETS GIVE VICTORY TO M. I. T.

BASKERVILL AND HAGEMAN STAR FOR HARVARD

Two last minute baskets by O'Brien, M. I. T. star forward, enabled the engineer courtmen to eke out a 14 to 12 win over the Crimson quintet Friday night in the Indoor Athletic Building. The score was the lowest ever made in the M. I. T.--Harvard series of 12 games, of which the Crimson has won nine.

Crimson Leads at Half

Although the game lasted only about an hour, the play being halted but 12 times for infractions of the rules, the action was unusually slow and uninteresting, except for the last five minutes when the engineers made six points in a row to win the game. It was not until about 12 minutes of the first half had elapsed that W. S. Baskervill '32 opened the scoring for Harvard with a one-handed basket which overcame a one-point lead Tech had taken. The Crimson then increased its lead to 5 to 1, only to lose it when Feustel and Emond scored for the engineers. Just before the end of the half Harvard pulled ahead again on baskets by Baskervill and H. G. Reisner '32 to lead 9 to 5 at the intermission.

A goal and a foul by Feustel matched a goal and a foul by C. H. Hageman '33, and Baskervill, respectively.

The summary: M. I. T.  HARVARD Feustel, r. f.  l. f., Baskervill O'Brien, l. f.  r. f., Matursevitch, Pattison Johnson, c.  c., Pattison, Ranh Sysko, Emond, r. g.  l. g., Hageman, Reisner Coffey, l. g.  r. g., Huppuch

Score--M. I. T. 14, Harvard 12. Goals--Feustel 2, O'Brien 2, Edmond 2; Hageman 2, Baskervill 2, Reisner. Fouls--Feustel, Sysko; Baskervill, Matursevitch. Referee--Tower. Umpire--McDonald. Time--Two 20-minute periods.