ADAMS TO ADDRESS COLLEGE TONIGHT IN LOWELL HOUSE

Yale Will Hear Stimson, Wilbur Is To Address Princeton--Doak May Come To Harvard Before November

This evening at 8 o'clock, Charles Francis Adams '88, Secretary of the Navy, will address all members of the University who are interested, in the Lowell House Common Room. Mr. Adams will speak on the economic issues of the campaign and on the naval problems which have been confronting the Administration during the last four years. J. H. Beale '82, Royall Professor of Law, will also speak this evening, on the Constitutional Aspects of the Eighteenth Amendment and will contrast the Republican and Democratic views on this subject. Both talks, which are sponsored by the Harvard Republican Club, will be of an informal nature, and it is expected that the speakers will hold a forum after the regular talks. R. H. Amberg '33, will introduce the speakers.

The main purpose of the Republican Club in introducing speakers of prominence to the student body is to foster interest in politics among the undergraduates. This is in accordance with a country-wide league of Republican Clubs in the various colleges who hope that the increase of interest in politics will lead college graduates to enter this field and so elevate its moral tone. The Harvard Republican Club is planning several meetings during late October and early November at which speakers of state and national prominence will address the college.

In addition to Secretary Adams at Harvard, the Eastern Headquarters of the Republican National Committee are cooperating with the College Division in sending Cabinet Members and Republican leaders to the various colleges. Stimson is at Yale, Doak may come to Harvard later this month, Wilbur is at Princeton and Smith, Snell will appear at Amherst, and Mitchell is slated to talk at Columbia. Amherst, who is Advisory Chairman of the College Division of the east, has been arranging these schedules.