BAND BROADCASTS OVER COUNTRYWIDE NETWORK

Memorial Hall Concert Relayed Over Telephone To New York--Medley of College Tunes Played

The University Band last night participated in a nationwide broadcast, under the auspices of the Welfare and Relief Mobilization of 1932.

The broadcast took place at Memorial Hall, which was connected by telephone to New York, from there it was transmitted to practically all the large cities of the country by both the Columbia Broadcasting Company. The broadcast took place between the hours of 10.30 o'clock and 11.15 o'clock.

The Harvard Hand was one of three bands invited by the Mobilization, which is under the direction of Newton D. Baker, to play a medley of tunes from their respective sections of the country. The University of Illinois and the University of California were the other colleges which were selected to participate in the program. The Harvard Band rendered mainly Yale, Dartmouth, and Harvard songs.

The Band this year consists of slightly over 100 men one of the largest registrations in recent years. Leroy Anderson 4G, is the conductor, and G. V. Slade 1L acts as Drill Master. For the first time in the history of the Band, a Freshman, W. B. Tabler '36, is the Drum Major.