FRIEDRICH APPOINTED TO CHAIR AT HEIDELBERG

Government Professor To Hold Guest Chair During Summer--To Lecture on Political Theory and Law

Carl Joachim Friedrich, associate professor of Government has been appointed guest professor on the faculty of Law at the University of Heidelberg, for the summer of 1933. At the recent meeting of the President and Fellows of Harvard College, Professor Friedrich was granted a leave of absence for next summer in order that he may accept the guest professorship. Professor Friedrich's lectures will deal with, political theory and public law. It is announced that he will resume his duties at Harvard in the autumn of 1933.

Professor Friedrich is himself a former student of the University of Heidelberg. After graduating from the Gymnasium Philippinum in Marburg, in 1919, he received his Ph.D. from Heidelberg in 1925. In 1926 he became a lecture on Government at Harvard, and an assistant professor and tutor in 1927. He was appointed an associate professor in 1932. Professor Friedrich was abroad on leave of absence during the year 1931-32.