Goodie Condemns Sloppiness of Students and Poor Taste in Decoration--Says Liquor Viler Than Kind Husband Uses

Reaching far underneath a bed for a stray sock tossed there by its owner, Mrs. E. Adelbert Jacobson, a maid in one of the Houses, ventured to speak a piece of her mind in an exclusive CRIMSON interview yesterday morning. "Now take this here sock," Mrs. Jacobson commented, "thrown way under here out of my reach, what do those boys think I am a lost and found department. Why, the work I have to do to keep these rooms in order! My lands, you'd think a cyclone had hit it every morning. Pajama tops here, and the bottoms in the study, I can't understand how they get dressed. Well, I know they always are in a hurry to get to a class, but you'd think they would have time at least to put on two shoes of the same type. I've often wondered if it's the things they drink. My, what terrible stuff it is. Why, say, one of them came home one morning when I was in tidying up and he offered me a drink; he was that drunk. Well I couldn't refuse, and so, well, that stuff was worse than what Bert, he's my husband, what Bert brings home and you don't know what Bert, brings, no you don't.

"And the pictures they have on the walls, say, I've never seen worse ones outside the Old Howard! And the things written under them, yet they talk about college culture, and fine art, and all that.

"Now take those boys in 1.42, how they get any work done is beyond me, but I guess it isn't beyond the Dean. I happened to see his marks the other day, and it's a wonder he's still here. Why, if Alec, he's my oldest, just 14; if Alec ever brought home such marks from school, I know what he'd get and get it fast. Now, take last year, I was in one of the Freshman dormitories in the Yard, and those boys never went out at all. My, they were such nice young fellows always so nice to me, . . ."