BIG POLO SQUAD HEADS FOR WESTWOOD MATCH

Team Has Veteran Malletmen and Many Capable Novices -- Exhibition Game Set For December 19

With pre-season practice already under way, members of the Harvard Undergraduate Polo Association are pointing for an exhibition game with the Westwood Polo Club on Monday, December 19, in which Coach C. D. Palmer, assistant professor of Military Science and Tactics, will have a chance to test the unusually large squad which has reported for practice. Eleven men are out for the Varsity team, with nine Freshman candidates.

In a better position in regard to mounts than ever before, the Polo Association has a brilliant season in prospect. Veteran Malletmen from the team which made the semi-finals in the Intercollegiate tournament last year will be pressed for positions on the team by several newcomers. The lineup in the opening exhibition game will probably find Captain F. S. Nicholas '33, at back, Lowell Dillingham '34 at No. 2, and either W. C. McGuckin '34 or T. J. Davis '35 at No. 1. Nicholas, Dillingham, and Davis were all captains of their Freshman teams. Part of the Varsity squad will be made into a Jayvee team later in the season.