P.B.H. CALLS CANDIDATES FOR FOREIGN STUDENT JOB

KNOWLEDGE OF FRENCH, WORLD PROBLEMS IS ESSENTIAL

Members of the Sophomore class who wish to try for a scholarship to study international relations at Geneva this summer are invited to attend a preliminary meeting on this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock at Phillips Brooks House.

The scholarship award will be made as follows. Phillips Brooks House contributes each year to a fund collected by the Students' International Union of New York; the money donated is used to send a student to Geneva on a scholarship. This year the Union is expected to consider a suitable applicant from those who apply to the Foreign Student Committee at Phillips Brooks House.

The group of men who report at today's meeting will be given opportunities to show in what ways they are fitted to hold one of these summer awards. After a three weeks competition one man will be kept; this man will assume the posistion of assistant chairman of the Foreign Student Committee, to become full chairman next year. This summer the man will go to Geneva on one of the Union scholarships, subject to the approval of the Union.

For today's meeting all men interested should appear, whether or not they think themselves especially fitted for the position. In general, to be considered a good candidate a man should be well informed about present international problems; he should be proficient in French as well as in English: he should be desirous of making friends with students coming from countries outside the United States, and should be able to do so easily when an opportunity is offered.