T. N. T.

"America is seriously threatened. The greatest danger arises from the joining of the forces of the gutter Anarchists with the so-called intelligentsia in our educational institutions." With this ringing challenge, Edwin Marshall Hadley, casts the gauntlet at the feet of American education and its brothers-in-crime, The Federation of Churches, the League of Nations, Soviet Russia, Albert Einstein, and the Harvard Liberal Club. From the excerpts, relating to the American College, from his book, T. N. T., and quoted elsewere in these columns, it is possible to sample the vitriol with which Mr. Hadley would fortify every good American.

To accept T. N. T. as a menace to liberal thought is to dignify an extravagant and abusive propaganda beyond its merits. To rush to the defence of Professor Einstein or fight for the good name of "Comrades" Dewey, or Frankfurter with the temperate sword of common sense is to reach for a sledge hammer when one is bitten by a flea. Better by far to accept the "little volume" as a simple gift of the gods sent to relieve the tedium of depression and that irritating Eastern imbroglio. This is after all "that best of all possible worlds" in which everything is designed to a certain end. Let T. N. T. be the cathartic necessary to purge the American system, for, as Professor Babbitt would have it, Mr. Hadley has "poured his baby out with the bath."