TICKNOR IS TO WITHDRAW FROM COACHING STAFF

SEVERAL CENTERS DEVELOPED BY TICKNOR IN PAST SEASON

B. H. Ticknor 1G.B., who captained the 1930 Harvard football team, and who was assistant line coach last fall on the staff of Head Coach E. L. Casey '17, has retired from his position in order to enter business.

The retiring football center coach, who is now in the first year class at the Business School, will probably not finish the regular course, but will take a few incidental courses to complete training before entering business. Ticknor for three years was center on the University football team, was captain in his last year at Harvard, and during the last two years of University football was selected as All-American center. During the three years in which Ticknor filled a position on the Harvard gridiron machine, each season in turn was climaxed by a victory over Yale.

It has not been announced who will take the place of the former Harvard captain on Casey's coaching staff, where the All-American center was an assistant to line coach Walter Cleary. Ticknor leaves the Harvard eleven after one season of teaching football. During that time R. H. Hallowell '33, last year's first string pivot man, was developed into a center of the first rank. Two other men who came under the eyes of the former Harvard leader are W. A. Casey '34, and F. J. Crane '34, two members of the Sophomore class from whom much work in the center of the rush line is to be expected in the next two seasons of Harvard football.