CLINIC FLOODED WITH DREAMS OF KIDNAPPING

INVESTIGATION MAY SHED LIGHT ON MENTAL TELEPATHY

In response to the request of the Harvard Psychological Clinic for reports of dreams having to do with the kidnapping of the Lindbergh baby, over 500 letters have been received during the last four days. Coming from all but four states of the Union as well as Canada, these reports represent a wide variety of experiences in dreams.

The age of the contributors varies from 8 to 81 years old, the dreams of children being especially interesting. There have been comparatively few dreams from men, and the investigators question whether this is because men have not dreamt of the event, or because they consider themselves too busy to write detailed accounts of their dreams. Another interesting discovery made by the clinic is that very few unmarried or childless women have sent in reports. It is difficult to tell just what significance this will have in the investigation of the psychology of dreams.

Purpose of Appeal

The purpose of the appeal was to obtain a large number of dreams on a subject in order by this means to study dreams as a phenomenon of social psychology. Aside from the bearing which this research has upon certain purely psychological matters, the data which is being collected may incidentally shed light upon the much-disputed problem of mental telepathy; that is, whether there are specially sensitive persons who have presentiments, visions, or dreams of events actually occurring at a distance.