WEBSTER APPOINTED TO HOLD CHAIR AT LONDON

HOLDS CHAIR AT UNIVERSITY OF WALES AT PRESENT

Charles Kingsley Webster, professor of History, has recently been invited to take the Nathaniel Stevenson Chair of International History at the London School of Economics, which is closely connected with Kings College of London University. Professor Webster will assume the position in September.

Professor Webster received his education at Kings College, Cambridge, where he was a scholar from 1904 to 1909, and a fellow for a short time thereafter. From 1914 to 1922 he served as professor of Modern History at Liverpool University with interruptions in 1917 and 1918 when he served as a member of the General Staff of the War Office, and in 1918 and 1919 when he attended the Conference of Paris as a military delegate.

At University of Wales

Since 1922 he has been professor of International Politics at the University of Wales at Aberysywyth, Cardiganshire. He is the author of several important works, among which are: "A Study of Nineteenth Century Diplomacy," "European Alliances", and his most recent work published in 1931. "Foreign Policy of Castlereagh." Professor Webster is a native Englishman, born in Liverpool in 1866.

Gives Courses

In the second half-year he is giving three advanced courses at Harvard in History 68, the History of British Foreign Policy since 1814; 29. Topics in Modern European History; and 20d, History of Europe and of Asia in the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries. History 44, the Reconstruction of Europe Alliance From 1813 to 1823, has been omitted this year.